Chicago & Glenview Laptop Power Jack Repair - MAC & PC.
Chicago ComputerLand specialize in replacing Power Jacks for all laptop brands and models Mac and PC. Most power connectors are damaged during misuse or an accident (falling, tripping over a wire). When the power connector is no longer connected to the motherboard, the AC power adapter can no longer supply power so the battery supplies power until it dies. When the DC power jack is loose, the most important step is to stop wiggling it and either replace it or re solder it. There is no such thing as a non-fixable laptop; it only depends on how long it would take to actually fix it. YOU DO NOT have to replace your motherboard if the Power Connector is not working.
Some symptoms of a bad power jack are:
- No power - will not turn on, although the unit works if the battery is charged.
- Unit randomly switching from AC to battery power and back.
- Burning smell and or smoke coming from the DC jack area.
- Intermittent battery charging problems.
Our diagnosis is always FREE with repair. If you decide to have your laptop repaired the diagnosis fee is waived. No payment is required at the time you bring your laptop in for the diagnosis.
Call us now on 1-773-603-3246 for Chicago area or 1-224-616-3181 for Glenview area to find out how we can help.
Our Chicago and Glenview on PC and MAC power jack repair services includes:
- Same day service (if we have the parts in stock)
- Highly qualified specialists
- No hidden fees